The Adventures of Nathaniel Hultz: Part IV

The Hurricanum and the Celestial Council
They say the design for the 'Emperor Karl Franz'* vehicles were handed to the Celestial Council by Sigmar himself and that he laughed with joy** when the first of these vehicles was created, a template for all of the others.  The design has changed little over many centuries although the celestial wizards of Alba Mesa, of which I am one, use their mechanical beasts to pull the sacred device.



It was with great honour that I was asked to take charge of the Cosmic Smite - the 'Emperor Karl Franz' that was stationed in the temple at Alba Mesa and to take responsibility for its sacred duties.  Although primarily a vehicle of war, the machine has other peace time functions as well and I intend to discharge these duties well.

I have not yet been invited to sit in the circle of sovereigns in the council much to my frustration, what else do I have to prove, was victory in the battle of Broken Pacts not enough for them?  Did I not save them in their hour of need?  I fear some suspect that I have achieved my position too quickly for one so young.



I must continue to be patient and assuage any suspicions they have.  I have not read from or used the book now for some time.  Not because I fear it, it has been most helpful to me and indeed nothing to fear, but because the use of its lessons may raise suspicions.

It is possible I will not need the book any further, I have gained much mastery and knowledge and there is no need to tempt fate.  If I am right though we can begin to reclaim the charred lands and to drive chaos and its foul allies back towards Nygorach - perhaps they can be contained for good.

*Although without a name for the vehicle it is wise to assume that the inscription on the vehicle is its name.

**We hope it was joy

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous; really fantastic scheme. I like the base, too – mind sharing how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a Kromlech base - I have become a big fan of some of the nice big bases out there. Lots of contrast paints, washes and glazes with a bit of dry brushing :)

    Contrast paints is probably one of the singular biggest things that got me back into painting. Surprisingly its not because of the appeal of 'tartan paint' but rather it seems to be at a consistency which I can never seem to achieve with standard layers where it isnt too thick but still has good pigment and it actively encourages exploration of better painting methods

    ReplyDelete