Map Making -The Tallowlands

Map Making -The Tallowlands

I will get straight to the point.

The PCRC wanted to make a cool map of the Tallowlands.  As none of us are professional digital artists we went looking for a map tool and we think we found a good one:

They have a big presence on social media where lots of really nice looking maps get shown off

There are a fair number of decent training videos and reviews on Inkarnate.  Here is one if you are just getting started:

The official tutorials are here:

I found it easy to use although we have a long way to go before we produce anything really nice looking.

In the meantime I will continue using it for Tallowlands work and I am sure it will get more interesting over time as we expand the content of our area of the realms.

We have built the map up from this:

into this:




2 comments:

  1. Looking lovely – a really nice update. As an idle thought, is it possible to add overlay lines to mark out kingdoms, fiefs and so forth? I don't think they're necessary for the big map, but if we ever want to zoom in on a particular area, it'd be nice to be able to outline particular areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! I made a political map in response to your comment but I am also happy to adjust this further if you like?

    ReplyDelete